Tuesday, May 24, 2011

I didn't win the "sweet" themed weekly contest...

Well, there were actually a couple of better photos (both image wise and technically).  The image that did win was a very cute picture of a toddler sleeping, and it was "sweet".  Unfortunately the image wasn't to my technical liking (it seemed a bit underexposed, and the white balance seemed off).  However, the "sweetness" of the image did still come through.
So I think a technically strong image helps to amplify the subject matter and put focus on it, but sometimes images don't need that amplification, depending on who the audience is.....and in this case the judge did not need that amplification to find the "sweetness" of the image shining through.  My congratulations to the winner, and all of the entrants.  These different interpretations of the theme are interesting.  The theme for this coming week is "Summer Activities".  I'll have to give that some thought......

No comments: