Sunday, May 29, 2011

This week's Weekly Photo Challenge is "Summer Activities"

Since its not summer yet, I didn't have any good photos to post from 2011, so I took a look through my archives.  I pulled from two different time periods.  I found some surfing pictures I took with my D70 back in December 2004 in Hawaii when we took a family trip there.  I noticed that a lot of my photos were a bit fuzzy.  I don't know if that is due to them being slightly out of focus due to my technique (and possible camera shake), or due to the lens combination that I used (which was the 80-200 with 2x teleconverter).  I did get a few photos that I was happy with such as the one submitted (I do not know the surfer).  I may have overdone it a bit on the saturation in post-processing, but otherwise am happy with what I submitted.  The sky was extremely grey, so I added a touch of blue tint to it using Nikon Capture NX2 color control points (it still looks grey, but better than the original)

The other photo is of my wife's brother Don, and our two kids (Maia and Rowan) running on the beach at Hilton Head 4th of July weekend in 2010.  I like this photo because it shows the kids just having fun in the summer.  We'll see how my photos do, there is already one submission that I like better than mine of kids in a colorful field (although it seems more appropriate to Spring than Summer because of all of the blooming flowers, but hey, my surfing picture was taken in December so who am I to judge!! :-) ).


No comments: